Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rotation.

A routine that I have lived by.
Where the sun sets and where it rises,
in accordance with our Earth's rotation and solar cycle.

I would usually know just where I am in the course of a day.
The sun blazes down behind me,
leaving a harsh reflection from the wet surfaced asphalt.
As I move, the intense light bouncing back moves with me.
Yet the Moon travels at its 180 degree place
in correlation to the Sun.
Thus leaving everyday and night two celestial beings
at a constant chase.
If one is hanging in the horizon, you just about face
and the other is there almost in mirror mimmick.
No matter what time it is,
this dance in the heavens continues for months.
Each day is comprised of more light.
As the day progresses, the magic unfolds.
And throughout the course of one day,
an astonishing rate of Moon sliver can be observed.
Just like watching an eclipse in timed motion.
You can literally watch the shadowed Moon wax and wane.
Due to this newfound location,
I must admit I am disoriented to my routine discernment of time.
But I would like to make myself believe,
even with so drastic visible changes,
that planet Earth turns slowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFsFZitlM7k
(Fireflies - Owl City)

No comments: