Saturday, June 28, 2008

Falling Into My Favorite Thing... The Ocean


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25p4DBeseA
(Into The Ocean - Blue October)

I stumbled across this song back when I lost a great mentor and idol. Actually the song found me. The month it happened incidentally was the month of October, heh, Blue October. I listened to it over and over, not even for the words, but for the shear composition of the music flowing behind the words. Oh believe me, the words fit my very mood. But here again nearly two years later I find myself playing this tune by ear on my cello. What brings me back to this song? My love for the ocean, life decisions, life changes. Another circumstance, this one being where do I go from here? Life is such a fragile thing, and only wanting to complete what I have set out to do in life seems such a distant island. I question everything like a child. I want to swim away but don't know how. Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean. Let the waves up take me down. Let the hurricane set in motion... yeah. Let the rain of what I feel right now...come down. Let the rain come down...

No comments: