Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who's The Leader...

Of the club...
That's made for you and me...
M I C - K E Y
M - O - U - S - E!
The Ballot.

As I read through the list of names for president and vice president, I found myself wondering who half these people were??? Of course the two the media has brainwashed everyone with, I knew about quite well. Unfortunately, I don't see how they are fit for the job either - but that is just my opinion.

It is a sad thing when most citizens don't even know there were 13 candidates until they actually saw the vote. It is a sad thing when citizens think that the running poll candidates are the only ones they have a chance in voting for. Even well educated men feel this way, despite their disapproval for the majority ruled. The media has proven very effective on majority rule... leading all to believe that this is their only choice. Why does the general public think that if they vote for a lesser nominee, that their vote really doesn't count? And because of that misconception, the general public then concludes that their vote will only make a difference in regards to the leading two. So out of those two, who best suits the position? And then that's where the vote goes. Have you ever really thought about it? I don't think our founding fathers would of approved of this thinking, of this media, of the way we are really getting pushed into a direction chosen by others, other than the population itself. Actually, I bet they are rolling over in their graves.

Did you know that the media had began nominee campaigns 3.5 years before the election? That's nearly a whole term! Or was it just side streamed in the way of normal broadcasting through your screens that light up your living rooms, offices - in your very own homes? Not only that, but half the world, including the media and press, already have stated that one of them is president. For the past year this has been the reigning news. Well that's not fair, especially since no one has voted yet!

Back To The Ballot.


The very last entry for voting allows you to write in who you want to be elected. The thought flashed boldly in my mind to check off that box and hand write in Mickey Mouse. If everyone in the general population actually voted for Mickey, it would be such a slap in the politicians faces... They wouldn't know what to do, and then maybe a change could actually take place.

Even if it is not Mickey, as that is my comic mind working at its best... the next election shouldn't be based on biased brainwashing. The next election - if everyone actually stood up for themselves and not what others wanted, researched the facts, and truly not listen to anyone but themselves, then maybe this thing we call voting would actually count. Then we could change it, and we could vote for someone true to the task. If society stepped up to this call, then there would be a harsh realization in this side of the world's politics.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0
(Video : Full Metal Jacket - Mickey Mouse Song)

4 comments:

psyconym said...

You make an interesting point about peopl ebeing more aware of their rights.

Out of the two I am glad Obama won, but I am not from America so I don't really have the inside story.

? said...

Didn't know you had returned from the journey. Its been an interesting event although I will not get too excited and think....that change will begin tomorrow?

Atlanteaness said...

Once again RE, I am not able to leave any comments on your blog, even on the last entry... something about the administrator shut down your correspondence? So, I was going to write you a blip saying that Sting's A Thousand Years is brilliant. And your new entry is quite comical, had me for a good laugh, and the Penguin Cafe was a nice touch.

And you see, I didn't return until today, but the beauty of blog... I can write what I want, when I want, and have it as an outgoing post for the future on selected date ;).

P. S. I don't like being linked either. Mystery Mermaid is so much better, especially if I continue to highlight in your story from time to time...?

Atlanteaness said...

Psyconym, Yup - I agree, out of the two who best suits the job would hands down be our current president.