Saturday, March 14, 2009

3 Of Us, Proven Proficient.

(Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf Ft. Lil Wayne)

Three weeks ago, who would of thought that my lifelong career would of set me here, in this newly furnished room in a familiar big city. As I opened the window overlooking a cold courtyard, a seagull graced its wing span over the drab skies that now lay overhead... this bird a constant reminder, always there. “I accept”, was my only reply then – three weeks ago, even though all the information was not presented at the time of contact (typical and most certainly used to by now). The first day in, I was pleased to see that I was in good hands with the others who had been fetched to join in. This team was not completely new.

And the perks that come along with this type of fling, these new technologies and gadgets I get to use and play with. I write now on one of my new, incredibly tiny, gadgets. I am dead tired. And sick too bout. Stress creeps in, as with any situation where there is waiting involved. And these darned city-lifes, so careless and full of unnecessary noise. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy it here, in this city, and have visited several times before. When one travels this much, you begin to go back to familiar areas, and then you begin to pick up a routine of choice. I frequent the places I like only one time, indulge and enjoy, until the next time I happen to be in the area. Never leaving a genuine routine behind for others recognize. But I am glad for this time to be closing soon, glad to be on my way again. Failure or not, this was the last day here before a couple hotel exchanges on the way out (one can never be too careful).

I saw the sun before I saw anything, when I left the other hotel. It was completely new and enlightening, for the last days were represented by rainbows of sun halos. Today was much different, the sun peaking out through its precise hole in the cloudy sky, gave forth a brilliance I have never laid eyes on before in my entire life! This murky cloud shaded hole gave forth solar rays from the point of where the light exited - in all directions, a real burst. Its beauty hung in the sky for the duration of my time. It has come, the time we have been waiting for. The sun raining its glorious energy in an awe I truly cannot describe, watching down on me, my colleagues. Along with the sun, I realized All was watching down on me. In sheer thought of all who had gone before me, I smiled. I knew then I had achieved what I was brought in to do weeks ago. But still, we wait.

First hour:
2 of us arrive, and walk about 15 minutes to the designated location #1. 3 of us, plus backup – 2 more. 5 in total to begin the day out, impressive. 15 minutes in the new building, no hang ups, even better. Flashing screens in agreement, finished. Out. 3 of us in different car, upgraded to a Mercedes, no expenses too little here. Drive out to meet backup again at designated location #2.

Second hour:
Shift personnel, me (I might be last out, but I am first to go). I exit Mercedes and enter into a Mazda. Another member enters, I recognize him as well, the Navy. We set out, technicalities in order, processing underway. Return. I exit the car, and stand in the distance. The sun... The solar bursts showering over me, All are watching. I wait. Confirmation. Paperwork. Debriefing. I return to the other vehicle, shift personnel. My familiar colleague and I speed off in the Mercedes. I am dropped off at designation #3 and all the farewell is a hand shake of congratulatory stance and an until we meet again friend. I will not see anymore of the others. Perhaps in a another time or place... perhaps.

Two weeks of daunting task work in the most mediocre way to perform going unseen, unnoticed. Into the last final two hours of completion... such a way to finalize things, so short for so much work put into it.


For lack of better code or terminology, all I can say is we succeeded in our mission. Thought impossible for a time - yes, not nearly as clever as hollywood, but complete satisfaction in accomplishment. Oh, if only the world knew... Snart det skal bli jul.

No comments: