Friday, March 13, 2009

Within The Art Lies The World.

The place I was once before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBKbNXIZEzw&NR=1
(Robinson Crusoe - The Art Of Noise)


The ruins that surround.
The art that lies within.

I sat now in the dust in the basin of a once-been living quarter -
oh why does most of society automatically assume it was a room to decipher some greater meaning, some ritualistic shrine for some unkown, or should i say unknowing deity! My khaki shorts dusted and the journal laid out before me, nearly matching the color of the natural flooring. As the light measurements concluded, this room with the remnants of its window sills, would only allow light in to the room during the sunlight hours, and no light when dark. Hmmm, how odd to think that this placement might not actually be a sacred hole in the house, but an actual sleeping chamber - sarcasm.

The question of the century, all archaeologists with an artistic background find themselves asking, is "why is it that the motifs, murals, and frescoes depict faceless non-intricate cut out paper persons in deep colors of the era that existed?" Was civilization at its best a mere attribute to art in the forms of expression, of realism? Surely this is the fallacy, hidden deep within statues and monument monolithics... perfection carved of marble, sandstone... So why did these figures on paper and walls show a very different reality than the 3-dimensional counterparts?

The ruins that surround.
The art that lies within.

The world as we know it is very deceiving. As I paged through that journal, you know the one -
what others believed as scientific babble from the mad scientist, my father. Yes this leather bound, weathered, tattered page chronicle of what others describe as scribble with just a hint of scientific known theory. But as stated before, I have been trained by that man of knowledge and know the underlying vestiges, and know not to rely on the hidden... but looking to the obvious.

I got up without the use of arms, instead putting them to good use brushing myself and clothes off. I need some fresh open air, and a cup of coffee. I had previously left my rucksack, with coffee thermos in tote, a ways back - at the twin towering tops. As I traced my steps with meditation gait towards my caffeine, I saw the atmosphere was a bit hazy and decided to look up towards the beaming circular starlight. Amazing, my eyesight must be developing based on the knowledge that was now being revealed to me. I could not only see the entire diameter of the halo, but the crescent peaks to the east and west. They were that of rainbow in color, just not as potent. I thought back to my overall original question about the art and decided to go back to the main hallway, the hallway of the dawning of the prototype. There was something here, luring me... I must have overlooked something else, even though the hidden meaning brought me to another place through flight of fancy. Yes, I recall now... the obvious. What was so obvious about these motifs? What had I overlooked? The mere fact that the ruins are so grand and so 3-dimensional, yet the art is all completely flat...

The ruins that surround.
The art that lies within.


The machine which allowed a most stellar journey from science and pure imagination, based on archaic drawings, had already lead me to the simplest of explanations. Building in such grand resolve was because these people's physical world was in the obviously stated design...
2-dimensional.

No comments: