Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recorded In Stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09apuEikT8Y
(Flute Concerto No. 1 K. 313, 1st Movement - Mozart)

I have a rock beach, right down from my abode on land. It is fairly long and it is always undisturbed, without persons, only nature. There are nearly no waves on a clear weathered day. I go there often to recoup, get away, enjoy. My quiet little space on rock and sand. My best friend tags along for a good run. I love all these rocks, depicting every imaginable color from the spectrum we know. I love the sound they make crunching under landlubber legs.

Today was a fairly cloudless day with wind. Enough movement to create small splashes amongst the stones. I have always been found of geology, and find it hard not to bring several rare finds back to my house by the sea. Even though I know that they are always present in my home on and in the sea. Today was a day I couldn't resist, I had spied 2 rocks on the way out. I set them aside for the return trip. And then another 2 at the end of the beach where it is not possible to continue further on legs. Pieces of history these rocks hold. I find it even more intriguing that these natural items found all over the Earth can record and hold audible information... holding that eternal vibration I suppose. But to be more exact, they can hold specific audible sequences. Truly fascinating! I wondered to myself what each stone's story was, as I am most assured each and everyone is as different and as unique as the human race below and the stars above.

One rock, particularly sedimentary, was worthy of finding a spot on my desk, here with me.

Over the course of the night...

She was amongst the crowd. A concert was to be performed at this location, what seemed to be an established, richly cozy, 2 story pub. Warmed by red wood and oak surroundings. A friend from the past had come, how odd to see Captain here. But that was not the reason she was here, running into Captain was a random happening. The band members were loading out their equipment, which actually was being toted up the stairs to the second floor, in which a balcony would serve as a stage. She watched intently, hoping to catch his eye. The reason she came. To see him again.

I watched from a distance, dressed in my fitted long black cape. I watched her watching for him. I watched him looking to act not so eager watching for her. His eyes found her and I could see his relief and his profound feelings poured out with his enhanced mood. I knew he was the one for her, and her him. Yet he was uncertain in his fame, a music lifestyle wasn't known for decent relationships. He seeing her with others left him unsure if she was even available. He didn't want just a decent and rocky fling, his eyes showed a future with her when he looked at her. He turned once more from the top of the stairwell and like two galaxies colliding her wide eyes met his. They shared the same eyes.

Later she, in her uncertain thoughts, retreated to the rooftop bleachers. There were others sitting, scattered among the twilight. I could read her thoughts and passed through to sit beside her. I loved her more than anyone, and had the knowledge to give her about her wide eyed crush. I leaned over and brushed her lovely hair aside and pressed close to her ear. I whispered in confidence, "He is the one for you. No doubting it. He will never let you down and will always stand by your side in 100% love. Both your uncertainties have left you in silence. But he is shy and you must continue this somehow, someway." She sighed and embraced her feelings, as she had never in any state felt this way towards anyone or anything. She was unclear on how to even approach him. Then there he appeared, standing next to the door eyes searching the scattered few.

Then I kissed her cheek and moved into the background as I watched myself run up to him, in case he should slip away. "I have a rock I would like you to have, if you have a minute. Here..." I handed him this rock, glistening in its uniquely natural form. He smiled lovingly and reached in his pocket and said, "But I already have this one, since the first concert I saw you. " He retrieved a small rounded rock with an intricate design. I smiled, I knew then he was the one. Then he continued, "It's a reminder of you... but I will gladly take this one you give me. I will fashion it to be worn and present it at the next concert."
He smiled, I smiled. It had begun.

Precious Stone.

1 comment:

? said...

Hello again,
my new blog - is finally on ...
See you there, hopefully