Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Amalgamating.


I opened my eyes to see grey grains of sand in abundance. My knees were up to my chin, as my feet balanced my weight comfortably in a crouch-sitting position. Primitive in stance, I realized I was not clothed. Yet it was natural and did not come as a shock. I held a large tool in my left hand, at first I assumed it was a whale rib, yet I could be mistaken as it it could be from a dinosaur. I suddenly realized I had no clue what I was in the process of doing as I looked down at this massive bone I was clinging to. Still crouching in a dazed manner I looked up to get my bearings and take in my location. The perigee moon hung low as in morning twilight, a massive emblem of silvery grey turned to gold. There were clouds possibly, as all else in the sky matched the color of the sand, blending all into one. I did not feel shaken, as I felt comfortable and knew everything about where I was and who I was, yet at that very moment I had stepped into me. I placed the tool down on the beach, and tried once more to make out the horizon, as the water meshed with the sand and sky. I reached my other hand up to my left cheek and touched my face. I felt bone, bone and very little skin for protection. I felt real, and the for first time I had not just been, I was. No longer consciously aware, but physically embodied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ygjdsosos
(Third Planet - Modest Mouse)

No comments: