Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oceanvs Devcalidonivs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqx4o6QyywU
(Weather To Fly - Elbow)

A lonesome passage way leads me by Elbow's Landing. Whatever in the world could have made someone stop here in no man's land to set up a halfway shop that is only open during the warm months to cater to passersby?

Surely one would turn tail and run, if not hide, when they reach the rock guardians that loom on the side of the path. They vigilantly watch out over the cliff, falling into the oblivious nothing that seems only mist and depths of mountain below.

I find a museum full of grounded vehicles on the one side... the true meaning of the journey but closed to those who come late. But the vehicles remain, one can see those if one wants. I wander through rows upon rows, from the first of the first to the last monsters of today. I pass by one in particular, and I hear laughter. Children and a busy street. The car honks as if I am in the way of the busy thoroughfare and the toll rings out in pure old fashion form. I stopped and wondered... and then just reached out to touch this piece of history's metal wheel, hammered into wood as that of a horse shoe shod to a horse. What effect would the physical attachment make? Which car was it that brought a past time to my attention? If only I had taken a mental note of the make, more than the making.

As I continued on my journey across a major way, I realized this mammoth overpass was originally under water, or would soon come to be such. A time I never knew... or will I?

Then I stopped at a known tavern, one I have come to appreciate over the years, Very Choice. I ate a simple farm cooked meal and enjoyed fresh hot apple cider for the after sweet.

Moving onward, I encountered The Seducer. Which lead me to think of Rene Magritte's very own words, "pictorial solution to the problem of water". When I first heard this phrase I recognized it and embraced its meaning, and when introduced along with The Seducer, I could glimpse the concept fully. Yet, now... when I think on the matter it is unclear. Perhaps I am just tired. As any long voyage takes its effect.

(January 9, 2009)

No comments: