Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Becoming Humble.

I was born.
I was given a body.
When I was born,
I was given a name.

It doesn't matter that I have a University Degree.
It doesn't matter how many languages I can speak.
It doesn't matter if I am a lover, a friend, a human being.
It doesn't matter if I am a daughter, a female, a girlfriend.
It doesn't matter if I am an oceanographer, a marine biologist,
an archeologist.

It doesn't matter if I am a captain, a medic, an employee.
It doesn't matter if I am a scientist, a writer, an explorer.
It doesn't matter if I have a title.
I am nothing.
Because if you take away all of my characters,
Then I am nothing.

I am only me.
Who I was born to be.
I have a body.
I have my mind.
I have the breath that is within my lungs.
And I have my name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oMD6-6q5Y

(I Am Not A Robot - Marina & The Diamonds)

No comments: