Friday, September 3, 2010

Splashing Into The Big Apple.


I step unto the island once again. My childhood memories graze the back corners of my mind. In hopes to regain this past time part of my life, I look up to the lady of liberty, searching. Yet her expression remains the same, as if time hadn't even inflected a single etch of a wrinkle in her copper physique. Therefore, I continue onward from the Statue to the bigger shores of the citadel itself, The Big Apple... New York New York.

I did cross the Brooklyn Bridge and walked the streets of Manhattan. I did my shopping, as any person passing through does. In all respect and honor to those who worked in the medical deluge that followed a pointed political war, I glimpsed the flattened Ground Zero and visited the city battery - otherwise known as Battery Park. Which houses a reminder of the two looming towers that I recall from my youth. It strikes me as odd that our society would turn this revealed mask of tradegy into a tourist attraction, but such is history and historical geolocations all around the world. I cannot fathom that it would take something on this scale involving the general public to lay more shroud on the facts of what actually had occurred and the events that our government partook in leading up to it. Most undeniably, even to this day half of the general public do not know the truths behind this war. And more unfortunately, half of the outside world does not know that the States' media is biased and government engaged.

Indeed I do not follow such biased bologny, "we only tell you what we want you to hear". I remember as a young child realizing the truth behind the media. I had heard a great truth in the matter of a day, not partaining to war - but to archeology itself. How, in the western states I grew up in, archeologists had uncovered human male footprints along side dinosaur's footprints. Then a few years afterwards the particular finding that T-Rex was not a carnivore at all, but in fact an herbavore. To my excited archeology minded brain, these finds were of great significance. Within 24 hours all trace of these reports by the media vanished. Someone somewhere obviously did not want to rewrite history, let alone school books. I knew then media was a a farce, and honestly have not paid attention to it since. And as I stand here now in front of Grand Central Station, I can't help but realize this once known city is truly just another prop in a Hollywood movie, a set if you will.

Enjoying it for what is is worth, at face value. The dirty truths are not reflected in the clean streets and outward appearance. It is interesting to think that there in those alleyways and streets actually were the dawns of American culture. A cultural melting pot of persons from the entire globe - all searching for the same thing...
respect, freedom, and a dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akvu1AOnUIw
(Who Says - John Mayer)

No comments: