Sunday, September 19, 2010

Supernova Bears Stardust.



I am but a fleck, chemically compounded in such a way that I can actually give name to my birthplace - Galaxy M100. A time to when my molecules traveled beyond the speed of light and entered into my very own embryo -
50, 000 light years ago. My mother sun, SN 1979C, collapsed, expelling all her iron and in her dying breath gave birth to me amongst many other sentient beings, fractals, compounds, right down to the physics and science of every atom that capsulizes my era.

I am but a child learning in this vast universe. As I sit in the back seat of the vehicle, I gaze above me and all around. It is night, which is most comforting - like the womb of the vacuum, and I can't help but raise my hand... up as if to touch those other family members on the horizon. I know then I am a part of something so magnificent only I inwardly can describe. And to think that I would even place heaven as a nebula. As scientists are beginning to concur, my mother has turned into a pulsar wind, the stuff that dreams are made of. With such grace and beauty she will continue eternally. And when I return once again to that dust, another atom of energy will have transformed. Another star will be born. As we cannot be created nor destroyed.

No comments: