Monday, September 13, 2010

Home.


When I watched this movie; as a medical professional, I could not but help see the resemblance of Planet Earth to a physcial living human body...

I have rivers of arteries and capillaries, oceans of fluid, crevaces of nerve pathways. When I cut myself, I bleed. When I dehydrate, I shrivel up. When hot with fever my muscles spasm like an earthquake. I need sustenance intake as fuel and water to lubricate all that I am. My skin (the largest organ a body has), cells, and every molecular atom all form together one great being. Without them working together harmoniously I am sick or non-functioning. I am fragile, yet a magnificent creation. If I do not take care of myself, I will fail and falter leading to my very own destruction. Our planet, our home is this as well and we including all of nature make it up in its entirety. As stated before, this is the only home we have - so as a people, we are the only ones who can decide not to exploit it.

This is a brilliant documentary with feats in production that only this day and age could perform, coupled with truly amazing indepth sights. Sights I strive to see and have seen in my lifetime.

I am not an advocate of global warming, as that is just another money making scheme. I, as a good scientist and mathematician, see the pattern of nature and its cycles. So when seeing this film do not take all the proposed transversely to heart... but see this film with an open eye and think freely about what comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

(Movie - Home)

No comments: