Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Guess It Rains Down In Paris.

Really crappy weather my whole stay in France. Ten times worse than the Highlands... At least there you will find less pollution. I did the tours of Paris, in the rain. The La Louvre, the Tower, Hard Rock, normal street side cafes, bland foods. Walking, raining.

I got lost, in Paris of all places. About an hour later I spotted the hotel. I stayed in the room until dinner, just trying to dry out. After dinner was the Eiffel Tower. I went to the top. I was not sure what to make of this structure. In the gloom and wetness from the ground below, it was a manufactured landscape. The top offered graffiti and a view of dark lit streets and alleys and a carousel not in use with a sky of fog. Graffiti... my name amongst others and a message to the one standing below... See you in Rome. I couldn't resist. The one standing, was one I could not keep my eyes off of.... this guy at the tower. He had blonde hair, parted in the middle, the front longer with the back shorter in cut, the 1930's appeal of barber shop mayhem. Gorgeous eyes and thick eyebrows. The face of soft skin and pondering eyes. He was still at the bottom dressed in black trench and black pants. He was full of wonders every time our eyes met. His eyes... as if I recognized. He seemed a relic from a past all but forgotten in the bustle of tourism and time.

The Palace of Versailles, I lit my cigarette outside the pyramid and glanced around. Rain. I went back in and down the stairway leading into museumed art. Imagine me, a queen, walking in a long flowing gown, gliding over the marble floor towards my king. There he would stand forthwith under the Venus painting delicately colored onto the ceiling above. It would be different... to all those who fantasize about living in an era surrounded by royalty.


The train out of France left me contemplative as my expectations whithered. Not to mention, the local hair dresser wanted 437 francs to die my hair purple - Geez! I don't see Paris for lovers. Maybe romanticists in the form of searching for love, as I was alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPT_3PEjnsE

(Africa - Toto)

(Written Years Ago)

No comments: