Saturday, July 12, 2008

Italia!

Rome is different. Smelly people, character... full of character (the city and people - mostly the people, heh).

I went to the Colosseum. At the time, no one was allowed to venture inside due to restorations that always seem underway.

Caesar's Palace. Not much left there. So how can one be certain if that is truly the palace... afterall it is ruins up for speculation as most things in historic prevalent structures. Days spent browsing St. Peter's, The Sistine Chapel, The Spanish Steps and McCyd's...

I went shopping after my touring around town. Found a cozy niche of a hair styler in the alleyway of the main square (you know the one with the obelisk in the center). Comparison of 15 USD to 400+ Francs... big difference. But I didn't have time today. Once again the hair must wait.

I quit smoking. As if a trek around Europe could offer me a new persona. I hope to return anew.

Each night offered a pick between Alexander and Bennito... ah the boys who bothered me. What makes Italians think they have it all and then a whole box of chocolates to go with it... hehe? Vodka martinis on the rocks nearly no cost, it pays to be a female... as in most places. The server dimmed the lights and lit the candle on the table. Free chips, who knows. I guess if I were in the game of making the sheets my way, Italy would have proved worthy. But I don't play that way. Sorry boys. But the pictures were nice to have, keepsakes of Italian men at their best. I promised the boys a copy of the photos...


I hope to return anew, with a new do. Now I am purpled, and not just purple as in the neon paint-on crap the kids of this generation find amusing... but the true essence of lush, deep, dark purple.


I have come to the conclusion that every Italian man winks and smiles in a form of breaking the ice. So much attention...

The pictures of my ventures... St. Peter's, hotel clerks, Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, even the picture taken with the two Polizia (remember the nice one with the watch) along with my camera, expensive translator, knife, and some left over money and travelers checks amongst other odds and ends.... stolen. I was at the Italian hub for thievery, the train station. My train was soon to depart and at this point I was laxed, maybe a little too self indulging the final moments of Rome. The lady behind me said it was a man with dark hair and a black leather jacket and blue jeans. What a coincidence, all the men here look and dress that way! I was so pissed, I felt like I wanted to hit something or fight someone.... my adrenaline pumped, I felt... nearly breaking down to ask for a smoke from someone. But I refrained.

I called my mum, trying to get my ducks in order to replace my money... which the current situation was bleak. My train was leaving in 30 minutes and it was Friday. Where I was headed, unsure and unsure if there was even a bank. I knew I would never see my personal items again. I hope whoever took my things enjoyed the pictures that belonged to my travels and not just the profit. While on the phone, some guy smiled at me and waved. Whether it was a simple gesture to someone who looked forlorned or flirting, it didn't matter. When I left he said "Goodbye" - it cheered me up a bit. After everything was cleared up on my native country's end to meet me with a transfer of funds at my next point of experience, I was fine. Deep down it sucked really, because I lost all the pictures!

"Don't even have pictures, just memories to hold. Grow sweeter each season, as we slowly grow old" - Toad the Wet Sprocket

Words meditated in my mind.
So untamed and deep within my soul.
I will hold them close to my heart,
And breath them all the day and night.
Words so bold with meaning.
Words untold.
Thoughts unseen. Light to be heard.
To little is too much.
Love of one is to the chapel.
Love was so appreciated back then.
Today I find you an appreciator of art.
And then the dove reigned over the world.
Flowing or gliding through the clouds across the ocean and the land.
A walk across time, to dreams.
The unknown. Feelings.
(Written Years Ago)

No comments: