Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Party On An Ice Berg.

No matter where you are in the world, one thing remains the same under a gathering of persons, music. You could be in numerous countries and you will always here a few of the same songs. If even not in their native tongue, the common music shared has the same effect on the crowd.

For example, Sweet Home Alabama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huLklsj_5HI
(Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd)

I have heard this played all over the world, and everyone shares the atmosphere as good times with good feelings that come over with an overenthusiastic display of singing to the tune. It doesn't matter what the person's normal preference of music is. Or what color they are, or what nationality, whether they even speak English. Their hair could be dyed, along with piercings and tattoos. Better yet they are in business suits, at yacht or golf clubs, or averages sitting behind a bar.
The same effect is displayed among my natives, as it does all over the world. Alot of other encountered music is a handful of 80's one hit wonders. Amazing. Music breaks the language barriers. So in some small way when it comes to music everyone is equal.

Now back at the party... When on land, I have had the opportunity to join in on all the reindeer games. From an ice berg in the North Pole, a bottle of tequila goes unattended. In search of Cuervo 1800, I had to settle for some Mexican import with a rather pretty flask. Disgusting. I have never found a tequila I wouldn't set my lips to until today, or should I say tonight. You see, this time of year makes it special. It is hard to establish what time it is. I know I started the evening off around 19:00. I know I have been drinking quite a bit, as my Estonian stock is nearly empty. But why is the rum gone - hehe? Maybe because of the deceiving daylight. Between the hours of 01:00 and 02:00 the sun nearly set, or is that daybreak. And as the light of the sun returns it adds the question of how many days have I been here? It's Sunday? No way!

This giant spinning blue ball.
Spectacular Earth at its rotating best!

No comments: