Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Simple Wish...


My secret wish, in this sacred place.
A warm day during late winter.
As the sun set, nothing much spectacular.
The afterglow was all the beauty.
The green to blue turned into midnight blue.
A planet and a star twinkle a far.
In the crystalline sky,
As if painted looking through his eye.
The chill sets in.
As nightfall brings the cold again.
The wind picks up.
Fiercely blowing, as it whips my hair.
To think you are somewhere out there.
As the replicated ocean waves sound clear,
I look to the stars to feel you near.
So close to me.
A bright flash starts right above.
Large, white, sparkling light.
As it trails down to the horizon,
The size increase astonishes.
To think on a night such as this,
I would get to make a wish?
My secret wish, in this sacred place.

(2004)

No comments: